1) Other people’s opinions say more about them than they do about you. That person dealing out snarky remarks or putting you down is simply projecting their own insecurities and jealousy in your direction. Don’t give their opinions a second thought – just keep doing what you’re doing.
2) There’s no secret formula for happiness. You can’t just work your way through a checklist and expect to be rewarded with some sort of happily ever after. Instead, you need to learn to be grateful for what you already have and work hard at understanding what makes you feel like the best version of yourself. Spoiler: it’s different for all of us.
3) You don’t have to justify your decisions to anyone. Want to blow all your money on holidays because they make you happy? Do it. Feel like you need to cancel your weekend plans in favour of a bit of down time? Do it. You know what will make you happy better than anybody else does.
4) Life is about so much more than work. Sure being able to enjoy your job is important, but letting your whole life and identity revolve around it is dangerous. Take proper breaks, fill your weekends with fun and try not to sweat the small stuff too much.
5) If somene is making you feel bad, you don’t have to spend time with them. It doesn’t matter if you’ve been friends for a decade, if they put you down or stress you out then they aren’t worth your time. Good friends will champion you and support you and build you up until you feel like bloody superwoman. Hang out with them more instead and forget the others.
6) A little bit of what you fancy does you good. Sometimes that will be veggies. Sometimes that will be exercise. Sometimes that will be chocolate, carbs and wine. Listen to your body – it knows what you need.
7) Everything seems that little bit easier when you’ve had a good night’s sleep. If you’re feeling overwhelmed and stressed and like life is just a bit too much, treat yourself to an early night or a long lie in. Your body and mind will thank you for it.
8) The best ideas come when you least expect them. If inspiration isn’t flowing then don’t force it – switch your phone off for a while, make a cup of tea, go for a long walk outside, have a hot bath, read a book. The ideas will be buzzing round again before you know it.
9) You don’t always have control over the things that happen to you, but you do have control over how you react to them. Keep choosing to see the good in every situation – it’s always there, even when it’s a little less obvious to find.
10) None of us are getting out of here alive. Say yes, spread the love and have as much bloody fun as you can manage.