20 ways you can be kind to yourself
Because let's face it, we could all do with being a little bit kinder to ourselves.
1) Buy yourself some flowers, just because.
2) Make 15 minutes a day to read a book. An actual book, with pages, not a blog or a news site or Facebook.
3) Go social media free for the day and relish not caring about what everyone had for their lunch.
4) Make yourself a cuppa and take 5 minutes out.
5) Get outside and move your body a couple of times a week.
6) Stop stop STOP comparing yourself to anybody else.
7) Sign yourself up to learn a new skill. Marvel at how clever you are.
8) Think about something you are grateful for at the end of everyday.
9) Learn that sometimes it's okay to turn down invites to spend a little time by yourself.
10) Call your Mum, or your best friend, and chat unreservedly for an hour.
11) Cook yourself something healthy and fantastic.
12) Book a trip to somewhere you've always wanted to go.
13) Get creative. Write, paint, photograph, whatever... just create.
14) Get at least 8 hours sleep 5 nights a week.
16) Pamper yourself. Take a long bath, paint your nails, moisturise.
17) Spend time with people who make you feel awesome.
18) Block out one night a week to lie on the sofa watching Netflix.
19) Appreciate how awesome you are at (INSERT WHATEVER YOU'RE AWESOME AT HERE)
20) Share the love. As new age as it sounds, the more love you put out there the more you'll get back - what could be better than that?