11 things I learnt from my Mum
Happy Mother's Day! I hope you're all having a lovely day spoiling the special women in your life, or remembering the happy memories you have with any lovely Mums and Grandmothers who are sadly no longer here. I usually do a favourite reads round up on a Sunday, but today I wanted to talk about all the brilliant things my Mum has taught me instead.
My mum is my best friend, personal shopper, teacher, chef, advice giver, therapist, financial advisor and inspiration all rolled into one. She's one of the strongest people I know and I feel so lucky to call her my Mum. Here are just some of the wonderful things she has taught me over the past 25 years:
- How to knit, make the world's best chicken gravy and be a great hostess.
- That nothing is more important than family.
- Most problems can be fixed with a cup of tea, and those that can't be fixed by tea can usually be fixed by wine.
- So long as you always try your best you will never be disappointed.
- That you can always justify a little treat - life is too short.
- Never to settle for anything less than true love.
- That a good outfit can make you feel like superwoman.
- To always trust my gut.
- The importance of using a really great face cream.
- That I truly can do anything I want - my mum has always been the "breadwinner" in our family, which has set such a good example for my sister and I.
- That generosity (with time and money) is one of the best qualities you can have.
Thank you, Mum.