26 things I've learnt in 26 years
Today is my birthday, which means I am now 26. Which means that there are less than 4 years standing between me and 30, which makes me feel a teeny little bit sick everytime I think about it...
Despite that, I wouldn't wanna be any younger. With every year older I've learnt something more and I wouldn't change that for the world. Here are 26 things I've learnt in 26 years...
1) You don't have to spend time with anyone who makes you feel bad about yourself. Life is far too short!
2) There is nothing better to spend your money on than holidays.
3) You don't have to fit into any certain stereotype. You can be creative and like data analysis. You can be shy and like social events. Everything goes.
4) Crop tops really don't flatter anyone. Sorry not sorry.
5) No one will ever make a better film than Home Alone 2.
6) Having a balanced approach to life is way more effective than any diet.
7) It's okay to try lots of different things until you find what makes you happy. If you haven't found it yet, keep trying.
8) Experience matters more than qualifications.
9) You can achieve anything when you put your mind to it. Even running marathons!
10) Exercise genuinely makes you feel good. It's not some weird myth that P.E. teachers invented.
11) Nothing matters as much as family and friends.
12) You can never be too nice. Ever.
13) It's never too late to try something new.
14) You will never be able to control what other people think of you, so there's no point wasting your time trying.
15) Reading good books is the best way to relax.
16) Spending time away from social media will make you feel way better than you could imagine.
17) Never feel afraid to utilise your contacts - especially where it could help your career.
18) A great cup of tea can cure pretty much anything life throws at you.
19) Fresh air is totally underrated. Get your wellies on and get out there, you won't regret it.
20) If you find a good egg, keep hold of 'em. They don't come along often.
21) Learning how to cook will earn you A LOT of friends.
22) You will soon come to realise that your parent were right about 99.9% of life.
23) There really is nothing more pointless than comparing yourself to other people. It'll just make you feel shit about yourself.
24) It's highly unlikely that you'll ever regret saying yes. Really great things happen when you say yes.
25) That the best is always yet to come.
26) Time heals everything, even when it feels like it won't.