61 reasons to love New York
It won't come as a surprise to anyone that I bloody love New York. I've visited 4 times now, and I don't doubt that I'll be back countless more times in the coming years. I love it so much, and I think that everybody should visit and enjoy my favourite place in the world. Here are 61 reasons to love New York...
1) Because you're never too far from a Shake Shack burger with a delicious side of cheese fries.
2) Because you can ride vintage rollercoasters at Coney Island.
3) Because the Christmas decorations are the best in the world.
4) Because walking across Brooklyn Bridge will make you feel like you're on a movie set.
5) Because you can eat the most delicious shoestring fries at The Spotted Pig in the West Village.
6) Because even though Times Square is stressfully busy, the lights will make you feel super sparkly.
7) Because lying in Central Park in the sunshine is like a little slice of heaven.
8) Because you can ride the Staten Island ferry for free and marvel at the Statue of Liberty.
9) Because the shopping is 100000000% better than anywhere in the UK.
10) Because you can order uh-mazing Mexican takeout at midnight for less than you'd spend on a Pizza Hut.
11) Because of this view.
12) Because bottomless brunches are a widely accepted weekend ritual.
13) Because New Yorkers are ten times more friendly than Londoners.
14) Because walking the High Line on a clear day is such a beautiful way to spend a morning.
15) Because hanging out in Brooklyn Bridge Park will make you feel super cool.
16) Because you're bound to find a bargain at the Brooklyn Flea.
17) Because you can relive the movie BIG in FAO Schwartz.
18) Because the bagels are better than any you've ever tasted before.
19) Because you're highly likely to spot some celebs on the go.
20) Because you can see every recognisable piece of modern art ever at MOMA.
21) Because Grand Central Station will take your breath away. (And have you looking for Serena!)
22) Because you can have an actual piss up in the Brooklyn Brewery.
23) Because the grid system makes it totally easy to find your way around.
24) Because there's nothing as romantic as taking a boat out on the lake in Central Park.
25) Because legitimately delicious slices of pizza cost 99 cents.
26) Because watching basketball at Madison Square Garden will make you feel totes American.
27) Because you can see some of the best shows in the world on Broadway.
28) Because the street art is amazing.
29) Because there are amazing food trucks all over the city.
30) Because they have secret bars in hot dog joints.
31) Because fall in the city is an explosion of colour.
32) Because there are tonnes of gigs to choose from every evening.
33) Because NYC street style is like watching a catwalk show.
34) Because you can walk everywhere if you want to.
35) Because you can have the best meal of your life, whether you want to spend $5 or $5000.
36) Because there are thousands of songs written about this amazing city.
37) Because you can stroll around the West Village and feel like Carrie Bradshaw.
38) Because the New York Public Library will make your local library seem SO average.
39) Because the Christmas tree at the Rockerfeller Centre is the most magical thing ever.
40) Because every landmark in the city will remind you of a different episode of Gossip Girl.
41) Because the cupcakes at Magnolia Bakery are like no other.
42) Because all the drugstores sell every single shade of Essie nail varnish ever.
43) Because you can indulge in the biggest sandwich you'll ever eat at Katz's Deli.
44) Because designer handbags are cheaper than they are in the UK.
45) Because you can get a super cheap mani on every corner.
46) Because you are bound to find a designer bargain in Century 21.
47) Because you can relive your childhood in the giant Toys 'R' Us in Times Square.
48) Because you can get super delicious dumplings for $1 each in Chinatown.
49) Because public transport runs 24/7.
50) Because it's super cheap and convenient to ride the subway.
51) Because the rooftop bars have views like this.
52) Because the seasons are proper seasons, complete with sticky summers and snowy winters.
53) Because you will almost certainly find a new favourite food at Smorgasburg.
54) Because you're never far away from a really great coffee.
55) Because the Chrysler building is the most beautiful building you'll ever see.
56) Because countless new bars and restaurants and shops pop up every week.
57) Because you'll never tire of catching sight of the Empire State Building.
58) Because you can relive Night at the Museum in the Natural History Museum.
59) Because taking in the view at the Top of the Rock will make you feel on top of the world.
60) Because it will make you feel like the happiest, shiniest, bestest version of yourself.
61) Because no matter how many times you visit, you could never get bored.