The little things
(Image source here)
I've spent a lot of time recently focussing on the big things in life. The scarily big things like buying a house and planning a wedding and booking adventurous trips and thinking about my career. It's been so exciting but also, undeniably exhausting. I think sometimes we become so focussed on those big milestones or once in a lifetime holiday that we forget about the millions of little things that make us so happy on a daily basis. So today's post is dedicated to those - because sometimes it's the little things that can make your day.
- Catching an unexpectedly beautiful sunset on the bus home.
- Getting completely lost in a book.
- Cooking dinner and sitting down to eat together with Sam.
- Lighting my candles and feeling cosy.
- Feeling in the flow when writing my blog posts.
- Having fresh flowers on my dining room table.
- Receiving a compliment.
- Looking back at old photos and reminiscing.
- Totally nailing a sassy girl outfit.
- Laughing and catching up over a glass of wine with my bezzas.
- Having enough time to do some yoga.
- Fresh bedding and fairy lights.
- Cosy days spent on the sofa with plenty of blankets.
- Those glorious good hair days.
- Discovering a new favourite recipe.
- Feeling super productive at work.
- Receiving post that isn't a bill.
- Colouring in - it's totally magic.
- The magic of making a perfect cup of tea.
- A hot bath and a pair of super soft PJs.
What little things make your day?